|"A common military soldier. Wars are won with numbers!!"|
The soldier is cheap, much like the Rebel Infantry. There is a distinct difference though, as soldiers have a chance to dodge attacks when 4 is unlocked, while the rebel infantry has the chance to stun enemies with their grenades. Their cheap cost allows for great massing potential for a beginning player.
At higher levels, they should be replaced by other units as their low health makes almost every other unit capable of killing them with ease, especially piercing units.
Knife: quick melee-range swing that damages all units in range.
Grenade: slow single short-range projectile that follows a high parabolic trajectory and explodes on impact, damaging all units close to the explosion.
- Can be activated early to prevent being cancelled by enemy fire.
- Anti-Air capable (requires timing).
- Against units with low collision box can be effectively used once. At melee range flies past the target, and can be used to damage units behind it.
|50||1050||1155||1270||1397||1537||* HP might be increased by skills / items or buffs|
| Strengthen Weapon|
Strengthen all attack power by 10% (+0.5% each level).
| Strengthen Armor|
HP will increase by 10% (+0.5% each level).
| Strengthen Driving|
Movement will increase by 0.10 (+0.02 each level).
| Emergency Evasion|
10% (+0.5% each level) chance to evade enemy attack.
- At first glance, this unit may look the same as troops employed by the Amadeus Syndicate. Much like the latter, the Soldier is made using palette swapping of Rebel Infantry sprites, however a lighter shade of blue is used.
- It falls in line with Rebel Army vehicles captured and repainted by elements of the Regular Army, e.g. Metal Claw and Regular Army Helicopter.
- It is of note that prior to Metal Slug Defense, where the Soldier first appeared as a playable unit, Regular Army had no regular infantry appearing on-screen except for Regular Soldier in Metal Slug Advance.
- Their appearance are likely based on the Regular Soldiers that appeared in Metal Slug 3D.